Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A few observations today...

Observation #1:
Occasionally, it rains for more than 4 minutes at a time in Hawaii.
However….
It had to happen while I was applying for part-time restaurant work in Honolulu, while wearing my best suit.

Observation #2:
I have not been sworn at, given the finger or honked at while driving since we moved here.
However….I kinda miss that.

Observation #3:
Potty training with three children three and under is really hard.
However….No quip here-It’s just really hard.

Observation #4:
I am somewhat of a novelty at Gymboree as a stay-at-home dad to three kids.
However….I’ve always been a bit of an oddity.

Observation #5:
I think about what time it is in NJ at least 15 times a day.

Observation #6:
People here think that if you live 20 minutes away from work, you live “Really far away.”

Observation #7:
If you are headed to the City of Honolulu, which is of course the Capital of the state and largest on the island, the locals say that you are headed to “Town.”

Observation #8:
Most of our Prime Time TV shows are on earlier here. Some of them a full 5 hours earlier. Thank goodness for Tivo.

Observation #9:
Bumper stickers and auto-art are very popular here. Need to get some Jersey and Eagles stickers I think…

Observation #10:
Every person who sees me out with all three kids think they are the first one to say “Whoa…got your hands full there.”

That’s about all I have to say today. I’ll be curious how the Superbowl is received here, as there is already excitement for next week’s Pro Bowl. So until then, Happy Super Tuesday.

No comments: