Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I miss my DVR, but other than that....

Well, we are now members of the Gymboree nation. The twins have a play class on Thursday afternoon, and the baby and I have a music class at the same time, so Thursdays are now covered. The Ewa Beach Library has story time on Wednesdays; the Honolulu Library has Activities on Saturdays…

We have decided to church shop a little. I liked the Cathedral for me, but I think I’d like to make sure that there is not something more enriching for the kids. They got so used to the amazing ministry of the church in Moorestown, that I am not sure the Cathedral has quite what I want for them on Sundays. Stay tuned.

The Honolulu Zoo, which we were given a membership to for Christmas is really great, and we have already been twice. It’s a real great gift, as it’s a place I can take them myself. There’s a great kids area which is a bit more contained, and has a cool area of Koi fish where the kids can crawl through a tunnel and stand in the middle of the tank. There is also a really nice play area where the kids can play dress-up ‘zookeeper’ and what not, and they have had much fun there.

Our house is almost ready, and we drove by today and saw the first landscaping of our front lawn. Looks nice, and we will be working on the back as soon as the ink is dry.

I’ve missed things at school, and have been very much disappointed by the suddenly slow coverage of things at PG. Although I’ve left, I’m still pretty curious about how they are doing.

The time change had take some getting used to. I’ve found myself finding a pal online at what amounts to 4am to them, but am glad to find them. I’ve missed friends and family, as expected.

I managed to cue up a Flyers game online last night and although they lost, (no excuse for that-they were up 2….ugh) it was really fun to put the game on…the boy had to put on his Hockey Jersey in honor…

So, we are making it day by day, and the kids are great. The rest of us are exhausted, but as tired as I was, we took them to the beach this evening, and the kids were so cranked up and excited to put on their “sun suits” and look for the “perfect wave to surf” and yes, I am directly quoting. They’ve seen the Backyardigans “Surfs Up” episode…I’ve told them that they need to know how to swim before they can surf, and I’ve been working on teaching them…so, the perfect wave cannot be far behind.

So, tomorrow, we go back to Gymboree, where we have met some nice people thus far. After that, who knows? The wife is off Friday and Saturday, which has never happened before. It’s a whole new adventure….Stay tuned to this channel……..

No comments: